Want to go from the scrawny, weird-looking skinny guy at the gym to a bulked up confident person? We got you. A chest expander is a piece of fitness equipment that helps you work multiple muscles of your upper body in one move.
The best chest expanders use your body strength against itself. By pulling and pushing your arms, you work your triceps, biceps, back muscles, shoulders, and core. You can also use this fitness equipment for the lower body. In the article below, we review the 10 best chest expanders on the market. Our testers liked the machine below because of their strong build, ease of use, resistance and of course, great price. Here are our top 3 picks that can handle anything you throw at them.
Table could not be displayed.
10 Best Chest Expanders
- 1. GoFitness Push Down Bar Machine
- 2. Reliancer Power Twister
- 3. East Mount Power Twister
- 4. eHUPOO Core Ab Machine
- 5. Ueasy Adjustable Chest Expander
- 6. Sunsign Adjustable Chest Expander
- 7. Iron Chest Master Push Up Machine
- 8. Tension Toner Expander
- How to choose the Best Chest Expander for strength training
1. GoFitness Push Down Bar Machine
The Gofitness push down bar machine is one of the best chest expanders on the market. This versatile equipment is designed to work abdominal muscles, sculpt arms, chest, shoulders, and back muscles. My experience with this machine has been nothing but awesome. I can give it a 9 out of 10. Here is what we like about this chest expander.
With its simple design, the push-down bar chest expander machine is easy to carry and can be used anywhere. It can easily be fitted in a bag to go. Whether you are at the home, office, or on a trip, you will never worry about your fitness routines. It is one of the best chest expander that you can carry around with and without straining..
- It is very light in weight hence portable
- Has a thick heavy-duty spring and metal bar
- A little noisy
Using a hydraulic power chest and arm expander is arguably safer than using a spring chest expanders. Nevertheless, the spring and hydraulic power chest expanders use the same principles.
This upper body equipment is ideal for enhancing your hands as well as strengthening your shoulder muscles. It is easy to use and will give you awesome results.
However, we recommend this equipment for pro bodybuilders. One has to be careful because the spring is a little risky to operate as it can snap out. Here are some reasons why you should consider this machine.
Unlike the spring chest expander, the hydraulic power rotating won’t bounce off and hurt you. The hydraulic cylinder is fully enclosed, which makes it safer and more secure for use compared to the GoFitness chest expander.
Like the spring chest expanders, the hydraulic power rotating arm and chest expander can be used for various exercises. The device boasts of a resistance power that can be adjusted using a knob from 22 pounds to 440 pounds in 2- 20 levels of adjustability.
Unlike the spring expander, you don’t need to buy a new hydraulic fluid as it serves its purpose for a long period. With this chest and arm expander, the resistance offered when performing your pull training is maintained to avoid muscle tension. You can use the Reliancer Power Twister for back, wrists, chest, arm and shoulder muscle training.
- The hydraulic fluid needs not to be changed as it is never exhausted to provide maximum resistance
- Made from heavy-duty carbon steel and reinforced rivets for ultimate performance
- Spring might break after prolonged use
The East Mount power twister is another excellent chest expander to consider. Every part of this machine is reliable. From the frames to the tiniest component, it is made to ensure users experience maximum benefits.
1. Double delight; it is safe to say that the East Mount rotating chest exerciser is ideal for all fitness levels. With user needs in mind, it is designed with a softer polyurethane runner handle. It ensures steadiness and swiftness while using it.
The chest expander comes with a special non-slip texture designed to protect it against accidental slips that could lead to injury. The frame tube is even better. With double-layer high-density carbon steel, it is almost impossible to break this equipment.
2. Hydraulic power; the hydraulic power used makes the east mount upper body exerciser an excellent option. With a patented hydraulic adjustment system, the expander is easy to use for all fitness levels.
- Ideal for strength training routines
- Easy to understand and use
- Doesn’t have instruction on the numbers
Built to perfection, this core and abdominal exercise trainer is designed to exercise the whole body. The ehupoo is one of the 10 best chest expanders and is ideal for burning calories, muscle building, and toning.
This unit is great at exercising muscles like the abdominal muscle, upper, middle, lower abdomen back, triceps, biceps oblique, thighs, glutes, forearms, calves, and pectoralis major.
1. Multifunctional; Featuring a versatile, user friendly design, the eHUPOO core strength and abdominal exercise trainer, this unit is ideal for different types of exercises. You can do exercises such as push-ups, cycling, shoulder press, pectoral extension, scissors kick, triceps, arm curls, and sit-ups.A wide range of different exercises makes it ideal for bodybuilding.
2. Adjustability; the machine though small, comes with 3 adjustable resistance levels. This enables you to do interval strength training exercises i.e. work at different levels of resistance for faster calorie burn.
- It does not require assembling
- It is made of thick, durable metal and cushion
- Has a limited weight capacity
This chest expander comes with five ropes, and is ideal for anyone on a budget. The Ueasy adjustable chest expander is available in multiple colors and boasts multiple tension levels up to 246 lbs or up to 120 kg.
1. Adjustable; This chest expander is adjustable. It has five soft latex tubes that are quick to adjust and reattach. This can be done to suit your fitness level and exercising needs. This feature makes the device ideal for all people. Also, because of these features, users get to enjoy different types of exercises.
2. Durability: Buying something that will serve you for a long time and give you value for your money is essential. This chest expander will not disappoint you.
It’s made of thick latex tube that is strong. Also, the handles are made of durable plastic to ensure durability. they are ergonomically designed to ensure user comfort while exercising.
3. Portability: This chest expander does not limit your mobility. It is designed well and is light in weight. This makes it easy for you to tag along when you go camping or other adventurous activities.
- Built for strength training
- Made of high quality material for durability
- Adjustablity makes it ideal for different exercises
- It limited to upper body exercises
The Sunsign adjustable chest expander is designed to intensify your strength training, especially when doing push-ups. It offers lots of resistance when doing different types of exercises.
With the help of three interchangeable cables, the Sunsign chest expander makes sure your strength training sessions are challenging. The wires are alternated to increase and decrease the level of intensity.
If the three cables are cumbersome, you can remove one cable. Additionally, this expander comes with a manual that guides you on how to use the chest expander.
Adjustable resistance: The trainer has springs that offer four resistance levels to choose from, and each level has three options. With such a wide range of options to choose from, you can be assured your exercise will always be intense even when you move to the next level of fitness.
1. Adjustable and multifunctional: The trainer is 33.5 inches long but can attain a 90.5 inches maximum length. The installation and removal of the bands is not hard.
2. Portability- This chest expander is lightweight, making it easy to travel with. Don’t want to miss your muscle exercise session while away on business or visiting family, the Sunsign chest expander got you.
- It is affordable
- Very helpful in abs and chest expanding
- Ideal for pull workouts
- It is not the safest to use as the rubber bands might snap
- Does not come with a bar
7. Iron Chest Master Push Up Machine
No products found.
No products found.
For chest expansion and growth, the iron chest master push-up is the machine to go for. It engages all the upper body muscles.
With the Iron chest master, you learn to challenge your muscle with the resistance provided.
1. Perfect for home use; It’s time to get rid of the long bulky bars in your home gym and start using resistance bands that do as much as the weights. This chest expander helps build up your chest, arms, shoulders, and abs.
2. Portable and ideal for muscles; The iron chest master combines the bench press, dumbbell press, push-ups, cable crossovers, pec deck, and dumbbell fly exercises.
With this combination, you do not have to purchase other gym equipment. The iron chest master is a portable and fully assembled machine that is also easy to store.
- Comes with an exercise and diet plan
- Has an adjustable resistance
- Slightly bulky
The Tension Toner Chest expander is designed for anyone looking for easy to use and affordable chest expanders. This 6 pack abs machine allows you to exercise from the comfort of your home or office.
It utilizes the concept of pulling to work different muscles groups. Our team loved the Tension toner because you can use it in multiple ways; up to 70 unique ways. I can hardly think of 20 ways to use my resistance bands so this is a great plus.
2. Portable: Weighing just 1.5 lb, this chest expander is one of the lightest units on the market. It’s also foldable, making it easy to stuff it into a backpack or gym back and use it in the outdoor, when traveling or anywhere else you are traveling.
- Has an unlimited range in motion
- It is versatile
- Take a while to see any significant results when using this unit
How to choose the Best Chest Expander for strength training
The best chest expanders cost below $100, so some manufacturers may not be keen on the quality. But, the options above are made of durable and sturdy material. check that every component of the unit you pick is made of high quality material.
Number of springs;
When buying a chest expander, look for a chest expander that has 5 or more detachable springs. Later as you are growing more substantial, you are assured to always be competent for your skill.
Also, when choosing a chest expander, opt for a machine that can be used for other exercises. A multifunctional machine not only eliminates the need for other equipment but also helps work different muscles at the same time. It is also cost effective to purchase a multifunctional unit.
Your budget determines the kind of chest expanders you can get. A cheaper chest expander means you can only do a few exercises plus chances are you won’t get warranty. The 10 best chest expanders above are multifunctional and durable.
Final Thoughts on chest expanders
Whether you are a gym rat looking to get a ripped chest or just an ordinary Joe looking to sculpt your body before summer, a chest expander will do you good. It’s easy to use, offers the right amount of resistance for intensity and is built with the best materials for durability. The article above covers the 10 best chest expanders on the market. You won’t go wrong with any of the chest expanders.
Last update on 2021-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API