This post contains links that we may earn a small commission for at no cost to you read more
Looking for a workout step bench for full-body training? Good for you!
You will enjoy countless health benefits from a high-intensity cardio training routine, and a hard-working stepper will no doubt help you attain your fitness goals.
Table of Contents
Our Top Cardio Step Bench: A Quick Look
We’ve got just the thing for you in this ‘Best 7’ reviews list, but first, let me show you our top 3 picks.
In this article we will look at 7 aerobic steppers, which are all durable, versatile, and capable of supporting lots of weight. Some of these risers have storage compartments incorporated into their design, so you can store your resistance bands and other exercise accessories in them. So, which option should you buy?
7 Best Workout Step Bench Reviews
1. Reebok Aerobic Step Bench
I like something expandable and versatile so I can try different workout ideas, but the thing is that I just have too many workout ideas to test.
So two years ago, I decided to do a little research about pro step platforms. The results honestly didn’t show much differentiation between brands and models, and it was not until I bought the Reebok Pro Deck for my home gym that I came to understand the real difference. This gym stepper is friendly, safe, easy to use, and it does not require a lot of space.
Here are some of the outstanding features of this aerobic step bench.
1. Adjustability – The Reebok Deck step platform is way cooler than it looks. You can use it three ways – flat, inclined, or declined. Used flat, you can adjust it to a height of 7.87 inches or 14 inches off the floor when you execute traditional flat bench strength workouts.
To use the incline function, look for the opening cap on the upper side and lift it like you would when opening a lid. Adjust to an inclined position if you want to do upper chest building exercises.
You can also do decline workouts like crunch workouts or standing rows with this step bench. To adjust it to a decline position, simply fold and lock one of the deck’s feet, and you’re good to go.
The Reebok Deck also comes with a resistance band placed inside one of the clips.
2. Versatility – the Reebok Pro Deck gifts you with yet another set of power moves. With it, you can do Front Raise workouts, either standing or seated to strengthen your chest, anterior delts, and traps muscles.
You can also do the Low Row exercise by sitting on the floor with your feet placed on the deck. Using the resistance tubes, you then pull your elbows back to aim at your back muscles and strengthen your shoulders.
The Reebok Pro Deck workout bench is considered one of the best Triceps Dip enhancers. It’s also the best gym trainer to use when doing the Bulgarian Split Squat, aka rear foot elevated split squat, which is the ultimate exercise for building your leg muscles.
3. Small, Space-saving, and Portable – The Reebok Pro exercise step stool is relatively small. With a weight of 28 pounds, it can be freely moved to different positions. It measures 43.5″ x 8″ x 13″ (LWH) and has a storage compartment for hand weights, resistance tubes, and other small fitness accessories.
- Height-adjustable and nonskid feet
- Has incline and decline adjustments
- Comes with a non-slip textured rubber surface
- Contains clips for attaching resistance tubes
- Maximum weight capacity is 330 pounds
- When used as an inclined bench, it does not provide adequate head support for tall people (6’1″ or taller)
- The surface is hard and uncomfortable to lie or sit on
2. Yes4All Multifunctional Fitness Aerobic Step Platform
Ever wondered where you would find one versatile stepping riser that is durable and dependable? Well, the Yes4all multifunctional fitness Aerobic Step platform offers you just that. This Aerobic Step Platform is fully adjustable, allowing you to try all those new challenges. What’s more interesting is that it can also work as a weight bench.
This step bench supports up to 300 lbs and is made with non-slip rubber surface. Here are some of the things that you’ll like about it.
1. Durability – The Yes4All Professional Fitness Aerobic step platform is highly praised because of its robust build. It is made of strong plastic and supports up to 300 lbs of weight. This multifunctional aerobic step riser is what you need for your strength-building and cardio workouts.
2. Foldable Design – It features a foldable design for easy storage. Like the Reebok bench, it has a small storage compartment for keeping tubes and resistance bands.
3. Adjustability – The Yes4All Professional has two height adjustments, and can be set to an inclined or declined position.
- Small and ideal for small spaces; easy to move
- Storage compartment included
- Can also be used as a weight bench
- Adjustable to flat, incline, or decline positions
- Supports only up to 300 pounds
3. Power Systems Fitness Deck
When you want to upgrade your home workout sessions and don’t know where to start, it is about time you start considering the Power Fitness System Deck. That’s because the deck can be used as a beginner’s 8-inch aerobic step. As you advance, you can add exercises from basic lunges to crunches and squats.
Adjustability: With different workout positions, the Power Systems bench makes the perfect addition to your home gym. It can be adjusted to more than a dozen positions, including inclined and declined positions.
Strength: It comes with 6 sets of tubing notches level up your workouts. The Power System fitness deck is made to support up to 330 lbs of weight.
Foldable: The Power System stepper can be easily folded and stored under your bed if that’s the only space you have.
- Very portable
- Versatile and sturdy
- Supports up to 330 pounds of weight
- Not the best weight bench for users taller than 5’10”
4. Escape Fitness Multi-Purpose Aerobic Stepper
If you want to escape (pun intended) from a flabby belly to a ripped core, you need the Escape Fitness bench. It offers great adjustability, with up to 16 different configurations to choose from!
This is easily one of the best workout step benches on the market. From the bench incline and decline capabilities, the Escape Fitness station offers even more multipurpose uses. It has various height settings, which is important in plyometric training.
1. Bench adjustments – The Escape Fitness can be adjusted to a low setting of 8 inches to minimize impact. You can also set the height to 14 inches to increase the plyometric challenge. The bench has a backrest that can be adjusted to various angles depending on your target muscles.
2. Multipurpose machine – Yes, it is small, but it works like a gigantic machine. With 16 different formats, a plyometric box, and resistance tubes, this bench is the perfect deal for your fitness sessions.
3. Storage – This aerobic fitness bench also has a storage compartment situated beneath the backrest, the best place to store small accessories while keeping them within easy reach.
- This steps item will help tone your body
- It is of quality hence durable
- Variety of positions for incline and decline
- Has a max weight limit of 375 pounds
- It does not come with a menu; while it comes with a mobile app URL, it might not be useful to all customers
5. ER KANG Adjustable Step Workout Bench
To get the best out of your training sessions, you should try out the ER KANG step bench. It is adjustable in different areas – from the base to the incline and decline. The base has a non-slip texture to add grip while you do your routine. A double slip track supports the incline backrest to ensure you’re safe while you lean on it.
The ER KANG stepper folds for easy storage.
1. Multifunctional – The ER KANG stepper has 6 tubing notches, two adjustable platform levels, and incline and decline features like the rest. Not only that, the backrest is adjustable into 4 different angles. This stepper can also be used to store small weights, resistance bands, and rubber tubings. In its compartment, you’ll find a free resistance band.
2. High weight capacity – The ER KANG deck can withstand up to 350 pounds of weight.
3. Design – Some people have limited room and need smaller equipment. So, if this is you, the ER KANG step bench is perfect for you. When folded, the shock absorbing surface measures 43.3 inches in length, 13.4 inches in width, and 7.9 inches in height. It can be fitted in your closet and could easily be invisible. It carries a 12-month warranty on replacements and spare parts.
- Stable and nonslip stepping surface
- Easy to assemble and foldable for storage
- Has non slip rubbers for stability during cardio training
- Has a 350 max weight capacity
- Built to last and covered with a 12-month warranty
- Too short to use as bench press
6. The Step Original Aerobic Platform
If you’re looking for the best step riser for full body training, well, the Step Original Aerobic platform is the perfect pick. This stepper supports a whopping 500 pounds! With its adjustable heights, it just might be the aerobic step-deck you’ve been looking for. Manufactured to comply with all necessary safety precautions, it is an awesome product in terms of durability.
Steady: The Step Original has a non-slip base that protects you and your home floor, offering stability and reducing the risk of accidents as you perform your aerobic workouts. The textured padded top has a good grip but, at the same time, is comfortable to sit or lie on. You can use this with or without the risers. By the way, you can opt for versions with either 4 or 6 risers, and you may also order additional risers.
Adjustable: The Step measures 27 inches (L) x 11 inches (W) x 4 inches (H), which can be adjusted to a height of 6″ and 8″. This user friendly platform is made of top quality materials and can be stored in tiny spaces under the bed or in a closet.
- Great for full-body workouts with shock-absorbing feature
- Portable and sturdy
- Has non-slip surface and nonskid feet
- Risers absorb shock
- 350-lb weight capacity; with risers, it supports up to 500 lbs
- Has no incline/decline functions
7. Lovinouse Professional Aerobic Stepper
The Lovinouse Pro Aerobic workout sport steps is an improved version with even better features. It comes with a larger size and increased storage compartment. It is available in a yellow-and-gray color combination and boasts a size of 43″ x 13.5″ x 8.15″.
All-around equipment: This step platform works for cardio gym and home workouts, is easy to use, and is perfect for both professionals and beginners. It is made of heavy-duty material and comes with a non-slip rubber base, making workouts safe and stable. It has a weight capacity of 220 lbs.
Adjustability: This stepper has 2 adjustable heights of 8 inches low and 15 inches high. It also features inclines with 3 gear settings to suit various exercise activities, making it ideal for both the young and old. The nifty inbuilt storage comes handy for keeping small fitness accessories within easy reach.
- Ideal for full-body cardio training
- Made of heavy-duty material
- Lightweight, portable, easy to store
- Adjustable incline positions
- It has a low weight capacity (only 220 lbs)
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Adjustable Workout Step Bench
When investing in steps risers, always go for one made of durable material. This ensures the longevity of the product. It should be solidly constructed to handle the types of workout you have in mind.
The cheaper a product is, the more its quality suffers. That’s generally true for all products and especially true for fitness equipment like a workout step bench. Therefore, you should invest wisely in your gym equipment. Besides, you don’t buy them everyday or repeatedly. As for workout benches, they are not necessarily expensive and prices don’t vary significantly between brands and models, so take time to inspect quality and durability.
Another important factor to consider is brands. Always opt for step platforms made from reputed brands – those who have been in the business for a considerable length of time. Read reviews and see how the company/manufacturer addresses issues.
The workout benches vary with the size they accommodate, the workouts and functions they’re designed for, adjustability (inclines, declines, height variations), and how easy it is to fold and store them. Make sure that you pick one that suits you best – meaning, the one designed to accommodate the workouts you intend to use it for.
The majority of the benches are built to support the weight of most users. However, if you’re on the heavier end of the scale, or if you plan on using additional weights, make sure to factor in the maximum weight capacity of the step bench before buying one.
So what is the best step platform? From hundreds of step bench options to choose from, you’ve got a good selection from these top 7, and they’re great for most types of workout. As we’ve stressed in the guide, pick one that functions closest to the workouts that you have in mind. Then check out the weight capacity and the build. Anything that does not respond to your unique needs won’t work, no matter how glowing the reviews read.
So know what your specific needs are first, then choose the best stepper that answers your specific requirements.
1. Is step a good workout?
Yes. The best steppers/risers will get you a full-body cardio workout to help you lose weight, tone your body, and exercise your heart and lungs, which in turn will give you innumerable health benefits.
Written by Alisha Wishart – TheHealthPot.com
Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), Writer and Contributor
Alisha, is a Mother, Wife and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT). She understands how demanding everyday life can be and takes great pride in working with individuals and groups to help them achieve their desired fitness goals. Read more about Alisha here.