This post contains links that we may earn a small commission for at no cost to you read more
Hi everyone! It’s Kathleen again with some important news for TV lovers – you can now sweat and watch TV at the same time.
No, I don’t mean turn off your air conditioner, I’m talking exercise!
That’s right! If you love couch surfing and binge-watching, that’s fine. For your health’s sake, however, you’ve got to give up the couch for at least 150 minutes a week and get in some cardio. The great news? You DON’T have to give up Netflix or Hulu!
Table of Contents
Our Top Pick Treadmills with TV’s At A Glance:
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover, so grab a cup of your favorite beverage and let your old friend Kathleen show you around the treadmill arena!
If You’re Short on Time here are our top picks:
- NordicTrack Commercial 2450
- NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill with TV Screen
- Bowflex T22 Premium Treadmill
- ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T6.5 SI
Or we have also found another alternative that you may like:
– Xcellent Alternative – Xterra TR260 Treadmill
What sets these top treadmills with tv monitors apart from the rest?? Keep reading as we break down the key features and benefits of each machine so you get the most out of your workouts!
Did you know you can watch your favorite TV programs if you buy a treadmill with a TV screen?
It’s true! No more excuses! Get one of the outstanding treadmills in this article, and your friends will wonder how you can watch all the latest episodes of The Last of Us and still look so darn good!
Top 3 Treadmills with TV Screens for Streaming:
In a nutshell, the top three treadmills with TV screens that will allow you to watch streaming services are:
- The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill – Fantastic treadmill with all the goodies you could ever want (My Personal Favorite!)
- The NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill – Feels like a tank and is just as sturdy!
- The Bowflex T22 Treadmill – Smart treadmill with one-touch access to Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and more!
You can find all kinds of treadmills offering workout programs ( see hiit treadmill workouts ), but I’ve found that the best way to beat boredom is to watch whatever suits you at the moment, and sometimes, you need to watch the final episode of Breaking Bad or Manifest!
Is It OK to Watch TV While on a Treadmill?
Why the heck not?
If you’ve ever been to your local gym – that’s the main source of entertainment, right? There are a stack of TV screens in front of the treadmills and other equipment.
I mean, seriously, why not? Anything to keep you from being bored.
Some people prefer to listen to music or pay attention to their workout stats, but speaking for myself and probably hundreds if not thousands of others – give me my TV screen and put on a good movie, please!
If watching Netflix or Hulu or other programs keeps you on that treadmill, then more power to you!
Bookmark this page because I know you are going to want to read all about the best treadmills with TV screens out there.
Let me start with my top pick.
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill
One look at this gorgeous treadmill and you’ll KNOW you want it!
This is NordicTrack’s top-selling treadmill, and it’s easy to see why.
Features of the NordicTrack Commercial 2450
Check out the incredible features of this TV treadmill:
- 22-inch touchscreen HD tablet – it tilts and swivels
- Google maps workouts
- ActivePulse technology – you can check your heart rate without using an external heart rate monitor
- Bluetooth connectivity – you can enjoy your Bluetooth headphones, heart rate monitors, and fitness watches
- This has a 15% incline range and even a -3% decline range!
- iFit compatible with a free 30-day trial to see if you love it
- Foldable frame for easier storage
- Built-in fan – no more adjusting those floor fans!
- This treadmill model has a cushioned running deck for comfort
- Maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds
- An impressive warranty: 10-year frame, 2-year parts, 1-year labor
- Overall dimensions: 81”L x 39”W x 59”H
If you’ve got the space for this incredible treadmill, you will never regret buying it.
What Are the Cons of the NordicTrack 2450?
Nothing is perfect, right? Some of the drawbacks here include:
- It is expensive. However, I know many people are willing to pay top dollar for a quality treadmill, and I’ve found that NordicTrack treadmills are some of the best!
- It’s very heavy. While this does fold down, it will be difficult for most to move it anywhere since it weighs a little over 300 pounds!
- iFit isn’t free. After 30 days, you’ll need to pay extra each month. While I believe iFit is worth every penny, it’s still an added expense.
Those are the only cons that I can think of about this machine.
Who Will Love the NordicTrack 2450 Treadmill?
Let’s face it, not every product is perfect for everyone. You will love this treadmill if you:
- Are very tall (over 6 feet), or you have a long stride and find the deck too short on other treadmills
- Have plenty of space to use it
- Want the absolute best treadmill with TV screen and don’t mind paying for it
- Love the iFit app
- Love watching TV as you run or walk
- Are interested in high-tech anything and looking for a smart treadmill
Is the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill Worth It?
It certainly is!
That big touchscreen monitor where you can watch TV is what really sets this treadmill apart from the rest.
I like the fact that it tilts and swivels. This means that if you plan on doing any of the other iFit workouts, such as yoga for example, you can simply put a yoga mat on the floor, swivel the screen towards you, and see the workout programs!
I love the iFit app because they have global workouts or studio workout programs, but for TV addicts, you can watch TV, Netflix, or whatever else suits you!
- Related Topic: Can NordicTrack Work Without iFit
The NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill with TV Screen
Think of the NordicTrack 1750 as the little brother of the NordicTrack 2450.
Nearly everything is the same, but the first difference you will see right off is the smaller TV screen.
If you want the best treadmill, but your wallet is not in agreement, this might be the answer.
A slightly smaller TV screen on this treadmill means you’ll save some money but still be able to clearly watch your soaps or that football game.
Features of the NordicTrack 1750
Check out the features on this treadmill, friends:
- The TV screen is 14-inches of HD touchscreen awesomeness!
- It uses ActivePulse technology so you don’t have to use your heart rate monitor.
- Max user weight capacity is still 300 pounds.
- Like its big brother, you still have a 15% incline range and a -3% decline.
- Same 10-year frame, 2-year parts, 1-year labor warranty
- Weighs over 300 pounds
This is a super high-quality treadmill that you will really appreciate.
If you’ve ever gotten on a treadmill and felt it moving or wobbling, you know it’s junk, right? You will NOT experience that with this puppy! This is like the other smart treadmills from NordicTrack, and it’s one of the best treadmills you can buy!
If you’re looking for value for your money, this might be the answer. You’ll get everything the bigger, more expensive NordicTrack commercial treadmill 2450 offers but for less money due to the smaller TV screen.
What Are the Cons of the NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill?
My mama always said that nothing is perfect, so I always want to note things that may be a problem for some people, such as:
- Space. If you have limited space, be sure that the size (80”L x 38”W x 65”H) will work for you.
- It is heavy and can be a bit complicated to put together, so you’ll definitely want a friend to help.
- Let me mention the weight again. It weighs 339 pounds, and while it does fold and have transport wheels, you’ll still need to pick up more than 150 pounds to move it anywhere!
- While this NordicTrack Treadmill does have built-in workouts, most people will want to use iFit, which is an added expense every month.
Even with these drawbacks, I think that this is one of the best value treadmill you will find anywhere.
Who Will Love the NordicTrack 1750?
I would recommend this treadmill to anyone who:
- Needs a more compact treadmill (it folds and rolls but quite heavy)
- Has been using iFit and loves the workout routine
- Wants to save some money and doesn’t mind a smaller TV screen
- Wants a treadmill with all the gadgets (a built-in fan, Bluetooth connectivity, iFit programming, built-in workout programs, etc.)
- Wants the best treadmill but is looking for value over fluff
Generally speaking, you’ll love both the NordicTrack Commercial Series treadmills whether you buy the 2450 or the 1750.
Is the NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill Worth It?
Oh goodness, you bet your sweet bippy it is!
I’ve used treadmills most of my life, and of all the treadmills I’ve owned, I think the 1750 is the best deal for the money.
OK, streaming apps on a big 22-inch screen is awesome, but to be honest, I’m good with a 14-inch TV screen as well.
Both the 2450 and the 1750 have the same weight capacity and workout intensity. Both allow you the ability to watch Netflix or other programs, but you can save some serious bucks by settling for a 14-inch TV screen.
I think the quality speaks for itself. So what really matters is will you be happy watching the entertaining workouts on a 14-inch TV screen, or do you want the big 22-inch monitor?
That’s a question only you can answer, my friend.
Bowflex T22 Premium Treadmill – Sweat While You Stream!
Let me bring out my gold keyboard to write about this one.
Yes, this is a premium treadmill at a premium price, but once you see what it has to offer, you’ll want one!
Before you look at the price, let me tell you about the one thing that really makes this treadmill stand head and shoulders above the crowd:
You don’t need to access anything to watch your favorite TV shows. No swiping, no tapping the screen 10 times, none of that.
Bowflex knows that you sometimes want to watch something other than their workout program (called JRNY), and they’ve made it easy to do just that.
Features of the Bowflex T22
Some of the features of this incredible treadmill include:
- A 22-inch HD touchscreen TV screen that will really make you feel like you are part of the action
- You can easily watch Hulu, YouTube, Netflix, Disney, or Amazon Prime video. Yes, you’ll still need a subscription to these programs, but if you already have accounts, you can simply touch the icon and stream as you sweat!
- Free 1-year subscription to the JRNY app, which is the Bowflex treadmill version of iFit. A free year will help offset some of the cost!
- Speaking of sweating and streaming, this treadmill features a built-in fan – cool, right?
- An unbelievable 20% incline range and a -5% decline for the true fitness enthusiast!
- A cushioned deck that is a massive 22″ x 60″
- Trainer-led workouts or a friendly virtual coach, whichever you prefer
- A Bluetooth armband for reading your heart rate, or you can use the pulse grips
- Speed, incline knobs, and more for quick adjustments
- Cup holders and a mini storage tray for keys or whatever
- Folds for easier storage
- Max user weight capacity is 400 pounds
- Warranty is 5 years on all parts, 2 years labor, 15 years frame & motor!
- Overall dimensions are 85″D x 40″W x 70″H
I told you that this Bowflex Treadmill is simply without comparison! If you need a high-weight capacity treadmill, this is the one you should consider.
What Are the Cons of the Bowflex Treadmill?
I can think of very few drawbacks to this dreamy treadmill with TV screen, such as:
- While most people will use the Bluetooth connectivity and use headphones for sound, there are a pair of pretty awesome speakers. The problem is that the sound adjustment is only available on the BACK of the monitor.
- There are pretty chrome rails or a stepping area next to the track. I’m not really sure how long those would hold up with people jumping off and on the track. It seems to me that these aluminum rails will dent fairly quickly, and rubber tread might have been a better choice.
- It’s expensive. No doubt about it, but a free 1-year subscription to the JRNY app will help and chances are that you will never need to buy another treadmill – at least not for a long, long time.
- For the price, the deck has a minimal amount of cushioning. If you’ve already got problems with bad knees or ankles, you might want to consider something with more cushion.
Who Will Love the Bowflex Treadmill T22
In short, everyone.
I mean, this is like asking who would love a Mercedes Benz!
The truth of the matter is the price. This is one of the most expensive treadmills I’ve ever seen. Yet, with a 15-year warranty on the motor, you can almost guarantee that you won’t buy another treadmill for the next two decades at least!
This treadmill is for you if:
- You simply won’t settle for anything less than the best treadmill
- You’re already accustomed to the JRNY app
- You want a TV screen that is second to none
- You don’t want to do any swiping to watch Netflix and love to just touch the icon
Overall, I think anyone who wants the best possible treadmill with a TV screen will love the BowFlex Treadmill T22.
Is the Bowflex T22 Treadmill Worth It?
This is a matter of opinion and personal preference.
YES, the Bowflex T22 treadmill is SO worth it if you got the cash, want the best, need a high-weight capacity treadmill, want a high-quality treadmill that feels like a tank and doesn’t shake and shimmy as you use it, want something different from most other treadmills, and prefer to watch streaming apps at the touch of a finger as you work out.
However, if you don’t have this kind of cash to invest in a treadmill, let’s look at some other options.
ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
If you want something similar to the BowFlex T22 without investing that much cash, you might consider the ProForm Pro 9000.
While you will need to do (and don’t mind doing) the tapping and swiping thing in order to watch Netflix or Hulu, you can save some serious greenbacks!
Features of the ProForm Pro 9000
Check out the features of this awesome treadmill and compare it to the BowFlex:
- 22-inch HD touchscreen monitor
- Bluetooth connectivity so you can use your own headphones, fitness watches, fitness device, or heart rate monitor
- 20″ x 60″ running surface featuring Rebound Pro Cushioning to help protect your knees
- A built-in fan with several speeds!
- A 12% incline and a -3% decline gives you lots of training options
- Folding deck so you can push it against a wall for storage
- A free 30-day trial to the iFit program
- Maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds
- The treadmill itself weighs 263 pounds and measures 35.3”W x 77.3”D x 59.6”H
- The warranty is a decent 10 years on frame, 2 years on parts, and 1 year on labor
Did you know that ProForm is owned by NordicTrack? This means that you aren’t using some no-name brand. You know the NordicTrack name and the high-quality machines they manufacture.
What Are the Cons of the ProForm Treadmill?
For anyone who is trying to lose weight and hopes that running on a treadmill will do the trick, you are certainly on the right track – excuse the pun! Still, there are a few things you should know about the ProForm 9000 before you buy:
- The user weight capacity is only 300 pounds. That’s fine for most people, but if you’ve got heavier users in your house, you’ll need to consider something else
- The warranty could be better. Technically, the motor has only a 2-year warranty. Compare that to the BowFlex warranty of 15 years.
- When running very fast (over 9MPH), the screen does shake a bit.
All things considered, I still think that the Proform 9000 treadmill is a very good choice.
Who Will Love the Proform 9000 Treadmill?
If you’ve already been using iFit, then you’ll love having a treadmill that is iFit enabled. You won’t have to do anything but choose a workout and go! The instructor controls the incline and speed, but you can always override it if you wish.
I think that anyone who is considering a NordicTrack treadmill but wants to save some cash should consider the ProForm 9000.
You will love the ProForm 9000 Treadmill if you:
- Are already an iFit member
- Want maximum speed but don’t want to pay a maximum price
- Need a new treadmill for your home gym and want a treadmill with a TV screen
- Want to eliminate boredom from your fitness journey
This treadmill isn’t as complex as the Bowflex, so if you’re a bit low-tech but still want to binge-watch your program as you run, this is a terrific choice.
Is the ProForm 9000 Treadmill Worth It?
Oh yes! It absolutely is!
If you’re a hardcore treadmill user looking for a treadmill with TV screen, this is a very good choice.
Budget treadmills won’t hold up to serious runners, and if that sounds like you, chances are that you’ve already burned out more than one over the past 5 years.
If you want a treadmill with TV screen and not another budget treadmill that won’t last, if you want a cushioned running deck and maximum speed, if you don’t weigh more than 300 pounds and you want to stream movies while you run, ProForm 9000 is an excellent choice.
These are all great treadmills, however, I do understand that some people simply don’t have the budget for these types of machines. That doesn’t mean you have to do without!
Check out my best budget treadmill for binge-watching, next!
NordicTrack T6.5 SI – Best Budget Treadmill with TV Screen
Check out this beauty! If you thought that you couldn’t afford a NordicTrack treadmill, think again!
We all know that NordicTrack makes good quality fitness equipment, so you can imagine getting all the goodies you want for less money!
If you’ve been trying to find a budget-priced treadmill with a TV screen, look no further.
Yes, you will have to do the tapping and swiping thing, but that’s not a big price to pay for being able to sweat and stream to your favorite programs.
Features of the NordicTrack T6.5 SI
Check out the features on this treadmill – you won’t believe it!
- There is a 10-inch HD touchscreen tablet. I bet you own one and are accustomed to looking at that size. You can purchase this with a 14-inch touchscreen if you prefer, and it only costs a little extra.
- You still get a free 30-day iFit trial membership ( read more on how much iFit Membership Costs ).
- 10-MPH motor with Smart Touch so you can increase or decrease your speed quickly
- Folds down to only 20 inches tall! You might be able to store this under your bed or in the closet!
- The deck is 20″ x 50″ wide, which suits most people, and it has Flex Cushioning for those of us with bad knees!
- Bluetooth connectivity means that you can connect your Bluetooth headphones, watches, fitness devices, and heart rate monitors
- Has a 10% incline
- Overall dimensions are 67.5″D x 36″W x 73″H
- Weight of the treadmill is a reasonable 198 pounds
- Maximum user weight capacity is 300 pounds
- Warranty is a generous 10 years on frame, 2 years on parts, 1 year on labor
For anyone who wants to watch something other than iFit, this is a terrific choice. I still recommend using the iFit app, but the truth is that you don’t need iFit to enjoy this treadmill.
What Are the Cons of the NordicTrack T6.5 SI Treadmill?
This list is short and sweet:
- No heart rate monitor is included, and there are no pulse sensors in the handles. If you already own a Bluetooth heart rate monitor, then this is not an issue.
- No built-in fan.
- Not the best choice for training or intense users, but for most people, this treadmill is fine.
That’s about it! This treadmill will hold up to average household use, and you can watch your favorite shows while you work out.
Who Will Love the NordicTrack T6.5 SI Treadmill?
Everyone who wants to save some cash, that’s who! (Gee! Isn’t that everyone?)
This treadmill will help you reach your fitness goals, and there’s no need to break the bank. You can watch TV or whatever you like, or enjoy the iFit-certified personal trainers as they take you around the world with their global workouts.
You can save some serious bucks with the NordicTrack T6.5 SI treadmill if:
- You don’t mind smaller TV screens but still want all the bells and whistles.
- The 300-pound weight capacity is sufficient and the treadmill’s speed of 10MPH is enough for you.
Is the NordicTrack TR6.5 SI Treadmill Worth It?
I certainly think so!
This is a more budget-friendly treadmill than many others, and as long as you weigh less than 300 pounds, you are going to love using this treadmill.
You will find that the motor power is more than sufficient, and you can use other fitness apps, watch TV, or stream workouts on the generous 10-inch tablet.
What’s not to love?
Xcellent Alternative – Xterra TR260 Treadmill with Tablet Holder
If you haven’t considered it before – you can always use your own tablet and simply prop it up on any treadmill and watch TV this way.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly treadmill, consider the Xterra TR260.
Xterra is an outstanding brand when speaking of home gym equipment, and this treadmill is no different.
While this treadmill does NOT have any way to watch TV, it DOES have a tablet holder. This means that you can save some major cash by using your own tablet to watch TV!
Features of the Xterra TR260
Check out the features of this incredible little workhorse:
- Bluetooth connectivity means you can still use your Bluetooth headphones, smart watches, fitness devices, and heart rate monitors
- Max speed is 10 MPH, which is fine for the average runner
- The running surface is 16″ x 50 “
- Has a 5.5″ backlit performance monitor to track calories burned, speed, total time tracked, etc.
- With handlebar controls for incline and speed! How convenient is that!
- Has pulse monitors in the handlebars
- Xterra soft running deck cushion
- Maximum weight capacity is 250 pounds
- Includes 12 pre-set workout programs
- 10 incline levels
- Treadmill weight is 111 pounds
- Folds and rolls for storage
- Warranty is a lifetime on the frame, 1 year on the motor, 90 days on all other parts, 90-days of free labor
- Overall dimensions are 64.6″L x 29.3″W x 51.7″H
For a nifty little treadmill, I think this one can’t be beat, especially for the price!
Use your own tablet to stream iFit or other workouts or watch TV! Interval training doesn’t get much easier than this!
What Are the Cons of the Xterra TR260 Treadmill?
Some of the drawbacks of this treadmill include:
- The weight limit is 250 pounds, which is quite low. If you or your family members all weigh less than this, you won’t have an issue.
- There are reports of inaccuracies with the PM monitor, usually involving the MPH.
- No built-in fan
That’s it! Read some of the reviews, and for the price, you’ll see that the majority give this little treadmill 5 stars.
Who Will Love the Xterra TR260 Treadmill?
Everyone except the hardiest athlete!
Unless you are a professional runner, or you plan on running for 25 miles each day, the Xterra TR260 will be your go-to super-effective treadmill to help you enjoy iFit’s adaptive workouts or just watch TV on your tablet.
This treadmill is easy to move, easy to use, and should hold up well to average use, all for hundreds of dollars less than other treadmills.
You’ll love the Xterra TR260 treadmill if you:
- Are on a tight budget
- Already own a tablet
- Prefer power incline
- Want to reach a new fitness level without paying through the nose
Is the Xterra TR260 Treadmill Worth It?
Oh yes! When you consider the price, even if this treadmill only lasts you three years, you’ve paid about $10 a month for using it!
You’ll find lots of 5-star reviews, with some people saying that they’ve used it every day without issue.
Fire up your tablet and buy this little beauty from Xterra! You probably won’t miss most of the other gadgets that people pay thousands for.
How Can I Watch TV on NordicTrack Treadmills?
You can watch TV, Netflix, or whatever else suits you!
Let me tell you how that’s possible.
Use the following steps to access the tablet’s main menu:
1) Turn on your treadmill.
2) Let it load the iFit screen.
3) In a blank space, tap the screen 10 times.
4) Wait 7-10 seconds and tap a blank space another 10 times.
5) You should see the words ‘Privileged Mode” at the bottom of the screen.
6) Find the circle at the bottom of the screen and swipe up.
7) Keep swiping up until you see the browser icon.
8) Click on the browser icon.
Now you can go to any website you choose, such as YouTube, YouTube TV, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc.
To return to iFit, swipe up and tap the circle icon you will see at the bottom of the screen. You might need to repeat this more than once. Keep swiping up and tap on the circle until you see the iFit icon.
You can repeat this as often as you like so you can do an iFit workout today, and watch Hulu tomorrow!
At the End of the Day
It’s almost like buying a car, am I right? There are luxury models and more stripped-down versions, but in the end, you will still get a good cardio workout and burn those calories.
When it comes down to it, ask yourself these questions to narrow down your choice:
- What can I afford? Nothing is more depressing than buying a treadmill that you can’t enjoy because you’re worried about the payments.
- What do I have room for? If you need something easy to store and move, look at the weight and dimensions of some of these treadmills!
- What size screen will I be happy with? If you’re OK with a 14-inch screen, why pay for a 22-inch screen?
Most treadmills only last 2-3 years with average use, so if you want something that will last for a decade, consider paying more for a treadmill that will last like the Bowflex or the NordicTrack Commercial Series treadmills.
I’ve used NordicTrack treadmills for years so I recommend the NordicTrack 2450, but you should be happy with any of the treadmills listed here.
Happy running and happy streaming!
1. Can you watch regular TV on a NordicTrack treadmill?
Yes, you can! Just follow the instructions above to access the browser, which should let you watch anything you have the URL for, including MSNBC, ABC, or whatever channel you prefer.
2. Can I watch Netflix on the Bowflex treadmill?
Oh yes, this is an easy one! BowFlex will allow you to simply touch the icon on the screen and watch Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and more! You do need to have an active JRNY account, but otherwise, you can stream and sweat to your heart’s content!
3. Can I watch Netflix on ProForm treadmills?
You bet you can! Follow the instructions given in this article and you can watch almost anything you like. Of course, you still need a subscription to Netflix or Hulu, but you can certainly watch your favorite program on a ProForm!
4. Which treadmills can I watch NetFlix on?
All of the ones listed above other than the Xterra. The Bowflex has icons which makes streaming your favorite programs easy, but you can still access the browser on NordicTrack or ProForm models if you follow the instructions in this article.
Written by Kathleen Langdon – TheHealthPot.com Founder
Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
Kathleen, a mother of two, struggled with ongoing weight and health issues. She created this website after she turned her life around. She built Thehealthpot.com to help inspire and motivate others with their fitness goals. Read more about Kathleen here.