If you’ve recently bought a Posture Pump® or a looking to buy one, you may be wondering how to use Posture Pump effectively. In this article we are going to cover this device effectively.
You will get step by step instructions. Also, if you are looking for the best Posture Pump®, you can check these great options here.
How to use Posture Pump Disc Hydrator
The first thing you are going to do is some warm up exercises. You could start by moving your head forward and back for 5-7 times. Then side to side for 20 seconds.
- Place your unit (Posture Pump®) on flat, firm surface, preferably the floor. Lying on a flat surface helps your muscles to relax. But, if you suffer from back pain, you could start on a mattress. Push the button on the unit to deflate it.
- Loosen the Velcro-like straps on the head straps. Lie down. Get on to the unit. Your head should be at the center of the Posture Pump®.
- Put the headband on your forehead. Make sure it fits properly.
- Pump the unit slowly. Ensure you pump to a level you are comfortable. If you feel any pain, release a bit of air from the Posture Pump®. The manufacturer recommends instructs that a new Posture Pump® should be used only a few times during the first week.
- You could start with a 10-15 seconds session. Relax on the inflated Posture Pump® for 10-15 seconds, then release the air via a button on the pump and relax on the deflate unit for 10 seconds. Repeat this for 3-5 minutes. Always ensure the open ends of the pump are open.
- Once your body is comfortable with the 10-15 seconds session, increase the time. Your new sessions could last anywhere between 6-10 minutes. This can increase up to 15 minutes.
- When done, deflate your Posture Pump®. Release the head strap. Seat in an upright position and repeat the warm up exercise you did before using the unit.
- Repeat this treatment as recommended by your doctor.
Here is a video on how to use models 1100-S, Posture Pump® dual disc hydrator 1400-D
It is worth noting the Posture Pump® Deluxe Full Spine (Model 4100-S) is a bit different from the rest. It is designed to cover your whole spine; neck and back. The Posture Pump® 4100-S comes with three hand pumps. This Posture Pump® is ideal for people suffering for back pain and neck pain. Here is a detailed video on how to use this model.
If you are shopping for a posture Posture Pump®, here is some more important information for you.
Best Posture Pumps®
There are many cervical devices on the market. Here are the best Posture Pump® dual disc hydrators according to users
- Posture Pump® Dual Disc Hydrator model 1400-D
- Posture Pump® Deluxe Full Spine (Model 4100-S) – covers your neck and back.
- Posture Pump® Model 2500 Pentavec
- Posture Pump® 1100-S
- Posture Pump® 4100-D
Who should not use a Posture Pump®?
- It is also important to cover some safety precautions. You should not use this cervical device if:
- You should not use a Posture Pump® if you have any implants on your spine.
- Do not use this device if you are pregnant, especially if you are on your 2nd or 3rd trimester.
- Do not use Posture Pump® if you have any injuries on your neck or back
Other important safety precautions include:
- Inflate your device to the point you are comfortable with.
- Do not move your body around when the unit is inflated
- Consult your doctor if the pain persists after using a Posture Pump®
Neck pain has a way of creeping up on most of us. One of the best cervical devices you can use to get fast relief from neck pain is a Posture Pump®.
Using your Posture Pump® unit is easy. The instructions above will guide you on how to use a Posture Pump. Remember to inflate it to your comfort levels. First start with short sessions then increase the time per your needs. If you experience any pain, consult your healthcare provider.
Remember; never block the ends of the pump. We believe with these Posture Pump® instructions you will be able to use your unit effectively.